Here, you can find out how we safeguard your information and how we use it to improve our products and services for the benefit of all our customers and website users. (Updated 15 March 2018)
The nature of our business means that, from time to time, we’ll require some personal details from our customers and website users.
The data we collect could just be a name and an email address, but depending on your level of engagement with Switch Experts, it could be much more than that.
The personal information you’ve shared with us, along with data on how you use our websites – what you search for and what preferences you select, for example – help us to better understand our customers as a group and as individuals. This in turn helps us to provide a range of products and services that meet your needs.
How We Protect Your Data
When you share your personal information with any company, you have a right to expect that information to be treated with total confidentiality.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’re committed to protecting any personal information you’ve given us, and we comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- We take full responsibility for the information we hold about you
- We will protect your privacy at all times
- We will never sell your personal information
These policies explain how your personal data is being managed and safeguarded by us, including:
- What information we collect about you
- How we collect and use this information
- How we safeguard the information you’ve provided
- How to report abuse
At Switch Experts, we know that you care how your personal information is used and we appreciate that you trust us to do that carefully and sensibly.
How Does Switch Experts Collect My Personal Information?
We collect your information in two ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on our site, when you register for any features on our site that require registration, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you order goods or services from us.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- Work out how many times our site has been visited
- Record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site
- Understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
We may from time to time supply this data to third parties in an anonymised form for uses in connection with our site.
What Will Switch Experts Do With My Personal Information?
We and our group companies may use your personal information, for example, to provide you with the relevant service, to process your online purchases, to inform you about products and services offered by us and our group companies, to improve the products and services offered to you, for market research purposes, for marketing, statistical or analytical purposes to invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and prize draws and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums, to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers.
We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
We also use personal information to build marketing profiles, audit how our sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of our sites. When doing so, we remove any direct identifiers.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, bulletin boards and forums).
Email Marketing and Opt-Out
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
Some Switch Experts sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe. In addition, some Switch Experts sites have a “My Account” page where you can choose whether or not to receive marketing communications from us.
How Does Switch Experts Keep My Personal Information Safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures. For example, provided your browser accepts SSL encryption, we seek to protect your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
Will Switch Experts Share My Personal Information With Anyone Else?
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information:
- With our group companies
- Any entity which acquires any part of our business
- Our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- Third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default if required or permitted by law
- Relevant third parties (such as your employer, your school, your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites) or if required to do so in accordance with applicable law
- Other third parties with your consent
Will Switch Experts Send My Personal Information Outside Europe?
What If I Am Under 18 Years Old?
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our Site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
Contacting Switch Experts
Data Protection Manager
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org